Sunday, April 6, 2014

Live, Love, Craft Wall Sign & Tutorial

Hi there!  I hope you are all having a fantastic weekend!  I am feeling SO much better after being sick for over a week thank goodness and am back to my crafting.  Woo-hoo!!  Yesterday I had lots of fun playing around with my new Cricut Explore and broke out my cricut vinyl to finally give it a shot with the Explore.  I'm currently in the process of cleaning/organizing my craft room and decided I would like to have a little gallery wall with cute, crafty signs. (To see my post about how I have been organizing some of the items in my craft room as well as some of my plans for it, click here).  For this sign that I made, I used the cute saying that is on my sister-in-law, Mandy's craft room wall, Live, Love, Craft!


I love that the Cricut Explore uses Cricut Craft Space which has SO many different adorable fonts!  I had alot of fun playing around with the different font options and can't wait to make more projects like this so I can use several other fonts that I found, :)

To make this sign, first I painted a piece of wood that I found at Home Depot's scrap wood area with 'Sea Glass' Krylon Satin Spray Paint (LOVE that color!!).

How-To Weld Letters With Cricut Explore Tutorial:
While the paint on the wood was drying, I cut out the different words at 2.5" x roughly 5.75" each.  I typed each word, then changed the letter spacing to -4 or until all of the letters were touching, then I selected the word, right-clicked on it & selected 'ungroup'.  After that, I took my cursor to the top left corner of the word, held the left cursor down and selected the entire word.  After selecting the word, I clicked on the 'weld' option that appears in the edit box in the top left corner after selecting the word.  Once that was done, I was ready to click 'Go' and cut!

After the words were all cut, I then cut out the buttons and the pair of scissors and used Cricut's Transfer Tape Sheets to transfer each word and image on a separate sheet.  I could have inserted all of the images and words at one time so I could transfer them all together but they would have not fit on my 12 x 12 mat (need to get some 12 x 24 mats for this!) so I did them each separately.  It really was pretty easy and I had alot of fun with it so expect to see more signs like this from me in the near future!!

Here is another sign I made a while ago.  I used 'Lagoon' Krylon Satin Spray Paint on the wood and cut some cute K&Company paper that I had (sorry can't remember the name of the pack) with my cricut.  I then modpodged the letters onto the wood, and sprayed it with Clear Acrylic Krylon Gloss Spray Paint.


Don't forget to check out this awesome promotion that CTMH has going on NOW!!  It's the deal of a lifetime! To find out more, click here.


Wishing you a creatively fabulous day!



No comments:

Post a Comment