Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Collage Frame!!

I am super excited to share the Christmas collage frame I made using CTMH's Yuletide Carol paper pack!  I made this frame as a gift for my mom and she loved it!


To make the collage, I simply cut a 9.5" piece of Ruby cardstock, 2.75" squares of Colonial White cardstock and 2.5" squares of different pieces of the Yuletide Carol papers.  I then lightly inked the edges of each piece with Chocolate ink, arranged and adhered them together.  From there I added the embellishments and voila!


Here is the long version of my tutorial:

For the embellishments, I used the Noel and Christmas Cheer saying stickers from the Yuletide Carol Complements by adhering them to cardstock, cutting them out & inking the edges then adhered with pop up squares.  Next I stamped the wreath image from the Merry, Merry stamp set in New England Ivy ink onto New England Ivy cardstock,  cut it out, added Bitty Sparkles and cut & adhered a small bow from Ruby cardstock, added it to the top and adhered the wreath to its square.  Next, I cut a 2" star out of the Yuletide Carol paper using the Art Philosophy cartridge, scored the lines, folded & popped up to make it 3-D, inked the edges and score lines, added a gold Sequin to the center and adhered to its square.  Next I added bows across two squares using the Black Striped Twill Ribbon.  I then cut 3 rosette flowers from the Art Philosophy cartridge using Ruby cardstock.  I inked the edges with Ruby ink, then spritzer each one with our My Acrylix Spritz Cleaner, carefully crumpled each piece, unfolded to let dry and then rolled each flower. I cut 2 Holly leaves from New England Ivy cardstock using the Art Philosophy cartridge,  embossed them in my Cuttlebug using the CTMH Floral embossing folder, inked the edges of each leaf with New England Ivy ink and adhered them with the flowers to a square.  Next I stamped and cut the Christmas tree using a retired CTMH stamp set, Holiday Magic, inked the edges and adhered. I added a small piece of kraft cardstock that I had run through a crimper and inked with Chocolate ink to the bottom of the tree.  Lastly I added a paper ornament that I made by folding in the sides of a 1.5" paper circle adhering the backside to a 2" circle cut from the Yuletide Carol paper that I had already rolled around my finger a bit to give it a curved look. Next I adhered a strip of twine with a bow on top to the square.  Then I adhered the flaps of the smaller circle to the square. This is how I got the 3-D look.  Once it was all complete, I put it into the frame.  The frame I found at Hobby Lobby. It is made by Paper Studio and I love it!  Can't wait to make more projects with these frames.





     
Product List:

CTMH Yuletide Carol Paper Pack
Yuletide Carol Complements
Merry, Merry Stamp Set
Bitty Sparkles
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge
Gold Sequins
Black Striped Twill Ribbon
Floral Embossing Folder
Holiday Magic Stamp Set (Retired)

It's CYBER MONDAY!!  Receive 20% OFF all CTMH Cricut Cartridges!!  PLUS, if your order total is $150 or more, you will receive $25 & up in FREE product credit!  You can get 2 cartridges for $158 plus free product with this promotion!  That is a HUGE savings!!  PLUS, you can add 'C' & 'D' Sized Stamp sets to your order for only $10 each right now with our December Daily promo!!  Head on over to my website, www.jamieleahy.ctmh.com, click 'Join' on Cyber Monday Event & start shopping to take advantage of these amazing offers!!

For orders of $150 or more:  To receive your free product credit, you must message me with your order!  Messages must be received by 11 pm MST tonight.  Orders under $150 placed directly on my website must be made by 11:59 pm MST tonight.


12 comments :

  1. That frame is pretty amazing tfs that project!! from BL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous frame, I just love each component of the collage! The elements and embellishments look fabulous! BL

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing collage frame.. great combo BL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Makes me want to make one for myself!

    Your BL friend Tonya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, you did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing.
    Robin...BL
    http://create-a-latte.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m stopping by to give you some Bloggie Love! Thanks for your dedication to commenting on and sharing my work. Very nice! I knew you were on to something. This can work for any subject...baby... holidays...graduation...whatever. LOVE it! Sharing to twitter/pinterest.

    La-Vie B.
    Follow me at C’est La-Vie Designs Unlimited, LLC

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great project and it came out awesome. (BL)

    ReplyDelete