Sunday, July 6, 2014

Jubilee Summertime Display Tray

This is a project I have been sitting on for some time now.  I ordered this Display Tray about 6 months ago but just could not decide how I wanted to design it!  It is so nice and I had so many different ideas for it.  Just when I had decided I would just order a few more Display Trays so I could design one for each season, I came up with the perfect solution: Velcro!!  That's right!  I decided I would adhere all of the pieces using CTMH's hook & loop (velcro) dots so that I could switch them out for each season!  I am so excited about this project and just love the way the summer design turned out!


I used the Jubilee Paper Pack as it is the perfect paper for summertime.  It also has the perfect colors that go really well with my summer decor.  The colors as well as the country, state fair type design brings back memories of childhood summers!


I started this project not knowing exactly what I wanted to do.  I just started cutting the rectangles from the different patterned papers and played around with the pattern as I put them in until I felt it looked right.  From there I started choosing the different embellishments I wanted to use and played around with the placement of those until I loved it!  Once I knew where I wanted everything to go, I adhered the embellishments and solid cardstock photo mats to the rectangle pieces with my ATG gun and then adhered the hook & loop dots to the back of each piece and inside each compartment then attached them.  I then attached the Summertime label and ribbon/award piece with the hook & loops dots to the outer edges.  I cut three flowers using the CTMH Artiste Cricut Cartridge, rolled them and then attached all three to a 1 1/2" circle.  I then attached the back of the circle to the outer corner of the display tray using 2 hook & loop dots.   Now all I need to do is add photos to the 3 compartments with the solid cardstock mats and it's ready to hang on the wall! I just love that all I need to do is remove each piece and will be able to replace them with new pieces for each season!  I will just keep the pieces in one of my craft room boxes so I can use them again next year.  I already can't wait to get started on a Halloween themed display tray with our brand new 'Scaredy Cat' paper pack!

Here are the products I used for this project:


Jubilee Assortment


Jubilee Paper Pack
Jubilee Complements

Cocoa
Exclusives Ink Pad
Indian Corn Blue
Exclusives Ink Pad
Honey
Exclusives Ink Pad
Topiary
Exclusives Ink Pad

Hook & Loop Dots
Cranberry
Exclusives Ink Pad
Designed Decor
Display Tray

Artiste
Cricut Cartridge
I sure hope you enjoyed this blog post!  I had alot of fun creating this Display Tray and hope you enjoy creating your own!  

Can't wait to get your hands on the brand new Annual Inspirations Idea Book?  Receive a FREE Idea Book ($6 retail value) from me when you place an order of $50 or more on my website, www.jamieleahy.ctmh.com!!

Don't forget to check out the brand new Consultant Kits available now!  Even if you just sign up just as a hobbyist, I would love to have you on my team!  This deal is too good to pass up!  If you are spending money on craft supplies why not save money and start receivng a 22% discount on those supplies?  Think of the $99 to purchase the kit as a membership fee like you would pay at a big box store such as Costco in order to receive a discount on products.  The best part?  At Costco, you just receive your membership card for the fee you pay but with CTMH, you will receive your choice of the Cardmaker's Kit or the Scrapbooker's Kit which are each FILLED with over $365 worth of products!!  To view a complete listing of all of the products included in each kit, click here.  If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me at craftycouture@yahoo.com.  



Wishing you a creatively fabulous day!









No comments:

Post a Comment