Sunday, March 30, 2014

Time-Out Challenge #2

Here is a card I made for this week's Time-Out Challenge.  This is a new challenge and only the second one that they have posted.  It is my first time participating in this challenge & I had alot of fun with it!  Instead of the typical challenge where you create a card based of that week's sketch or color palette, this challenge gives you a picture or saying to draw inspiration from.  This was this week's picture:


I really enjoyed this challenge as I am someone that will see things everywhere I go that will inspire me for new projects.  I will even snap pictures on my phone so I will remember the numerous ideas I come up with!  My husband gets quite embarrassed if we are in a store and I start snapping away, lol...  He just doesn't understand the way a creative mind works!  The card I came up with for this challenge is very similar to the actual bedding as I wanted to try to recreate the look in a card.  I used CTMH's new paper pack, Balloon Ride and used my new Cricut Explore to cut out the butterflies.  Here it is:


Product List:

CTMH Opaque Pearls
CTMH Chocolate Flower Buttons

If you would like to participate in this fun challenge, visit the Time-Out Challenge Blog and start submitting your cards!  

Don't forget about this amazing deal that will be available in just 2 short days on April 1st!!


To find out more about this offer, click here.

Wishing you a creatively fabulous day!



4 comments :

  1. Thank you so much Jamie for your sweet comments on our challenge. Plus I am the same as you, I see card ideas in so many everyday objects and love photo inspiration challenges for that reason. You really have captured the photo in your card, love how you have coursed on the pattern and white space. Thanks for joining is at TIME OUT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to read that you're overwelmed with inspiration sometimes too... It is great to see what inspired you on the photo; great patterns together! Thank you for taking the Time Out to join us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful patterned butterflies & I love the patterned strip along the bottom edge of your card too. Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and joining in on the challenge :) Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the soft patterned papers for your butterflies! Your card is absolutely beautiful. So glad you could play with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete